- Reopening and our commitment to health & safety
- Members information
- Updated Operations (Policies, Procedures, and Safety Protocols)
- Returning to work safely
A Letter From Alley CEO
To Alley’s Community,
It’s been a long time since we’ve seen each other, and to say I’ve missed being in the office with all of you would be an understatement.
Back in March, I made the difficult decision to suspend our on-site operations. “Community Over Everything” is a core value of ours, and at the time, that was the most effective way for us to prioritize the safety and wellbeing of our community.
Nearly three months later, it is with great enthusiasm that we’ll be re-opening our doors in NYC and DC. Unfortunately due to reason’s outside the pandemic our coworking operations in our Cambridge space will close indefinitely. Although we will no longer physically be in the Boston area we will continue supporting that city through events, programming, and resources.
As excited as we are to see you again, we’re taking things one step at a time.
As the nation begins to slowly reopen, we’re assessing how that looks for us. While we are eager to reopen our labs, our commitment to safety remains the top priority, and we will continue to pursue a path to reopening that honors that commitment. We do not need to be the first to reopen, but we do want to be the most responsible.
Alley’s community is fueled by forward thinking entrepreneurs pushing the needle of innovation and social change. Many of you are working to make the world a better place, and right now, it’s our mission to ensure that you may continue to do so safely.
We’ve put together a range of precautionary measures in line with recommendations of the CDC and Department of Health to ensure that the businesses and individuals in our space are safe, supported, and set up to grow.
It has been incredible to witness the ways in which all of you rallied around us while we transitioned from a physical to a digital community. The goal of our programming, whether delivered digitally or in our spaces, has always been to support the startup community, and provide you with resources to grow your business. When shelter-in-place orders went into effect, we redoubled this commitment with our pivot to digital events, and we will continue to produce our digital programming after reopening.
Exclusive access to our accelerators, live panels, and network of industry experts is typically reserved for members of Alley’s community; but as a company committed to social change, we want to make these resources available to anyone who can benefit from them during this time. If there are teams or individuals in your network who you think could benefit from access to our digital offerings, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
We’re tentatively slated to reopen July 6th as we closely monitor the conditions in NYC and DC. While we cannot promise an official reopening date, for the first time during this crisis, we’re excited by the prospect together again—hopefully in the weeks ahead. We will be updating our social channels with updates in real-time, and will be in constant communication about new policies, procedures, and safety protocols.
In the meantime, I hope we’ll continue to see each other online for Alley’s lineup of live panels and fireside chats with industry leaders across technology, innovation, social change. I look forward to the day when we can all raise a glass together in our spaces again.
New Policies, Procedures, and Safety Protocols:
We are excited to welcome you back onsite for limited operations to our Alley space open Monday, July 6th. In light of local and state government guidance to safely reopen office-based work, we’ve designed a thoughtful plan to greet you back into our physical workspace safely. We are adhering to state requirements to prepare a phased reopening plan for our community. We will stay current with any updates to these requirements and communicate transparently every step of the way. As always, our highest priority is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our staff and members.
Before returning to work at Alley, we require that each member company business leader reviews the New Pandemic Social Amendment (emailed to our members). We ask you to adhere to our new protocols, and maintain proper hygiene, social distancing rules, use of face coverings, and support of increased cleaning protocols.
This will go into effect starting July 6, 2020. If you have any questions or concerns, please directly reach out to us for assistance prior to its start date.
Our commitment is to keep you informed and up to date on our service, operations, and all community impact.
For any membership questions, please reach Kirsten Nicholas at firstname.lastname@example.org. For general inquiries or concerns, please connect directly with a member of our experience team.
- Limited to no more than 50% of occupancy)
- No visitors until further notice
Screenings & Cleanings
- Health Screenings: As mandated by local government guidance, we will administer daily health screenings questionnaire asking about your current symptoms and your exposure risk
- Increased intervals of disinfection and cleaning throughout the space
Social Distancing & Shared Spaces
- Spatial distancing to de-densify workplace & Restricted number of workstations in communal areas
- Shared desk members will be required to pre-register for desk space in the communal areas, and we also have an option to reserve a private office space via the member portal
- Modify seating arrangements in communal areas so members are at least six feet apart in all directions
- Limiting in-person gatherings and events
- While we cannot gather for in-person events, the Alley team has a robust calendar of weekly virtual events and programming to keep our community connected and engaged
- There will be no conference room, breakout rooms or phone booth access for the initial phased reopening
- Discontinue communal food offerings
- Contactless delivery
- Not accepting food deliveries inside Alley spaces. Members must receive a call or meet a food delivery person on the street at the door of the lobby entrance or pick up delivery at the lobby front desk for immediate pick up.
- Pick up all mail and packages in delivery bay when notified
Returning To Work Safely
- Daily Health Screenings
- Wear a ask at all times
- Practice Social Distancing
- Disinfect your work station
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay at home if you are sick